eLEARNING DAY GUIDELINES
eLEARNING DAYS MATTER. HERE'S WHY:
eLearning Days allow students to continue their learning on days when school is canceled due to inclement weather. While these days cannot replace an in-person classroom experience with teachers, eLearning Days help to maintain coursework and eliminate makeup days at the end of the school year.
- eLearning Day information will be included when weather cancellations are announced via phone, email, LILA website, and social media.
- Teachers, principals, and other licensed professionals will be available by email or phone (via voicemail) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Staff contact information can be found on our Upper School staff list.
- Staff will respond to all communication requests in a timely manner during scheduled hours.
Completion of the work for eLearning Days indicates attendance. Students without necessary resources to link to eLearning instruction may make arrangements with the teacher for additional time to complete the work.
eLEARNING DAY COMMUNICATION
To know when an eLearning Day is in effect, please check:
- LILA’s website: www.MyLILA.org
- LILA’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LakesInternationalLanguageAcademy/
- Telephone notification
- Email notification
6th-12th Grade Guidelines
Grades 6-12 will access eLearning assignments, activities, and expectations via Google Classroom. Teachers will post course expectations in their Google Classroom Course by 9 a.m. on an eLearning Day. Course work may include but is not limited to online discussions, quizzes/assessments, online readings, or completing assignments using digital resources such as Google or other web-based tools. In some cases, students may be directed to complete offline activities such as textbook readings or other assignments.
Please email your teacher for more information.