Scrip Fundraising For LILA Families
Photo credit: http://www.cnto.org
Fundraising While You Shop Makes Future LILA Travel More Affordable!
Scrip fundraising is a proven no-selling program that enables families to fundraise for their students to participate in LILA extracurricular trips while raising money for the school.
Spain? China? Guatemala? France? Mexico? Which international trip will your student want to participate in someday? LILA plans to offer multiple travel opportunities for our students, helping to reinforce their language learning and 21st-century global competency. And, to help you pay for these exceptional experiences, we are offering Scrip fundraising to LILA families.
It's easy! Scrip is just another way to pay for everyday purchases using gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards. Great Lakes Scrip Center offers gift cards from over 300 major brands, including grocery, department stores, gas stations, restaurants, hotels, home improvement, and more—shops like Cub, Target, Amazon, and Kohl’s.
Here's how it works: You purchase gift cards online at shopwithscrip.com at face value, and the LILA Scrip Coordinator orders those cards from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a reduced price. The difference is an instant rebate credited to your family’s travel account and LILA (no extra paperwork to fill out or accounts to manage). It costs you nothing but a few minutes to register and purchase your shopping gift cards online.
Half the funds raised from purchasing your Scrip gift cards go to your family’s “international travel” account. Your child(ren) will have the opportunity to travel abroad during their time at LILA, and Scrip will help families offset these costs. The other half raised will go to LILA’s general fund to help pay for classroom expenses.
No LILA student in your family? Staff and friends of LILA can elect to have 100% of the funds raised directed to LILA as a donation. It's simple to make a difference, and LILA students will appreciate your support.
Steps To Scrip
- Sign the family agreement, which lays out expectations and how we split the refunds your family earns
- Get the enrollment code from the school
- Go to shopwithscrip.com and sign up for a new account, entering your info and the enrollment code
- School approves your account
- Register for PrestoPay (required by LILA), the online payment system at shopwithscrip.com; PrestoPay is a direct deposit system connected to your bank account rather than a credit card, which offers greater accountability and less LILA administrative costs
- Great Lakes Scrip Center deposits two tiny amounts into your bank account to test the bank connection
- Enter the two tiny amounts into the PrestoPay verification fields for PrestoPay approval
- Shopping begins! Choose plastic one-time use or reloadable cards (available 3 times each year: first month of school, just before the holidays, and spring, helping to minimize staff processing time/card protection costs); or choose E-gift cards for instant use that’s easy and available all the time