Registration is now closed.
School-Age Care For Grades K-5
The Explorer Club School-Age Care Program located at LILA’s Main Campus (K-5) is a before- and after-school age care program that provides quality care in a structured setting at each site. Please read the Parent Handbook and the IMPORTANT ADDENDUM.
Explorer Club offers a safe environment for your child to build positive social skills, to learn about conflict resolution, to explore team-building skills, and to grow lifelong friendships with other LILA students. Explorer Club also provides a structured homework time for students to be able to work independently or with one another.
Enrollment in the Explorer Club school-age care program is first-come, first-served, and there are limited spaces available each year.
Care Request Calendars
Care Request Calendars For Registered Tier 1 Only
You must be registered for Tier 1 to submit calendars from this selection.
|November Tier 1||December Tier 1|
|January Tier 1||February Tier 1|
|March Tier 1||April Tier 1|
|May Tier 1||June Tier 1|
Care Schedules are due by the 22nd of the month prior to the requested care with your payment for Explorer Club to secure a place for your child in our school-age care program.
Changes After Submitting Your Care Request Calendar
Contact LILA’s front desk at 651-464-0771 and Explorer Club at 651-252-6720, if your child is absent from school. Explorer Club does not reduce tuition or reimburse for absences.
For all other changes, please notify the Explorer Club office by noon. A switch-day may be possible for a fee, if prior notice and space is available.
Explorer Club Schedule
• Explorer Club follows the same school-year calendar as LILA with the exceptions of All-Day Explorer Club care from 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. on most non-school days, based on attendance (with the exception of holidays).
• We offer monthly contracted care and drop-in care (24-hour notice required) from 6:00 a.m.-7:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m., and 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday–Friday. Please contact the Explorer Club Office with any changes to your schedule or questions regarding payments.
• Monthly care calendars are due by the 22nd of the month previous to care requested.
Explorer Club Day At A Glance
6:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
• Self-guided centers/arts and crafts/homework time
• Gym time
• Morning breakfast option in cafeteria/release to classrooms
2:00 p.m. - 4:30 or 6:00 p.m.
• Check-in at Explorer Club
• Afternoon meeting/greeting/activity
• Bathroom break and snack
• Quiet time: Homework, reading, quiet activities
• Outdoor play
• Gym/self-guided centers
Non-School Day (Explorer Club Day) runs from 6 a.m.–6:00 p.m. and is similar to the above schedule with the added lunch (parents provide from home) along with enrichment age-appropriate, theme-based activities. Explorer Club Program provides a morning and afternoon snack. Parents provide lunch. Please see the 2020-21 Parent Handbook (PDF) and this IMPORTANT ADDENDUM for further details regarding policies and procedures along with pricing options.