PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Happy Halloween and Día de los muertos from all of LILA staff! Pictured above, Lower School teachers show their creativity by dressing up with others from their grade. Thanks to the many volunteers who helped out in classroom celebrations!
- Recess Clothing Guidelines: Cold weather has hit early! Lower School Parents, please take a moment to recall our winter recess policy and send your children with appropriate clothing for the temperature:
- Recess is outside nearly every day so kids get fresh air and exercise. Kids stay indoors when temperatures dip 0 degrees or below, or if the windchill hits -5 degrees or below.
- Grades K-2 need to wear a coat, snowpants (when snow is present), boots, hat or hood, and mittens or gloves.
- Grades 3-5 must have a coat and boots, although full winter attire is strongly suggested for their comfort level.
- Please label your child's items with their names so lost items can be returned to their owners. Thanks!
- Clothing Donations: The Language Ambassadors would like to thank you for your winter clothing donations! Items are still needed - please refer to the email that went out last week for sizes. Thanks!
Just 24 hours after starting, the Upper School National Honor Society and Junior Honor Society collected a suitcase full of school supplies for parent Nick Halvorsen to take to Costa Rica. Nick became aware of the post-hurricane need after hearing a request from the local school in the small village near his family's vacation home. While his home was spared, other areas were devastated. Many LILA families have stayed in the home over the past decade, as Nick donates a week's stay to the LILA foundation fundraiser each year. Nick is currently en route to Costa Rica to deliver the items.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 11/7 Photo Retakes Day, both campuses
- 11/10 - Scrip gift card orders due
- 11/15 - Ski Club Registration and Payment due - Register Here
- 11/22-24 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
- 12/7 and 12/12 - Grandparents' Fundraiser Breakfast - Save the dates, more details to come!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Gobble Gobble! You're invited to the PTO Turkey Skate! This year we're headed to Saints North in Maplewood (in lieu of Turkey Bingo) for skating, music, games, prizes, and a great time! Join us on Saturday, November 11, 4:30-6:30pm. $5/person to skate or observe, inline skates available for $3 each. Concessions will be available. See you there!
- Scrip: Order your physical scrip giftcards now thru November 10! Give the gift of gift cards! If the previous sentences made no sense to you, get a refresher here on this individualized, on-going fundraiser for the school and student travel, like the current Spain trip!
WANT MORE NEWS?
Stay up to date on LILA news in the following ways: Follow us on Facebook, update your contact info via Infinite Campus, and check out our website at www.mylila.org. Classroom and advisory teachers also send updates often! We value good communication, and we hope to partner with you and your students in their learning this year! Have a great week!