Greetings, LILA families!
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
You are invited to the Headwaters Open House Thursday, November 13, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.Celebrate the grand opening of the Lakes International Language Academy Headwaters Campus and learn about the importance of the PYP curriculum, including the 10 attributes of of the IB Learner Profile. Enjoy music, refreshments, and activities throughout the building. More details soon!
- Childcare will be provided by the language ambassadors during conferences at both campuses for a free will donation.
- Can't wait for winter? There will be a Ski/snowboard Swap on October 25 at Forest Lake High School so your family can take advantage of the coming season. Click here for more details.
- As the weather gets colder, please be sure to label all coats, mittens, hats, scarves, etc. with your child's name and to check the Lost & Found as needed (maybe during conferences!). At the main campus, the Lost & Found is under the stairs of the cafeteria. At Headwaters, it is in the entryway. Thanks for your help in keeping items with their owners!
FROM THE PTO:
- Thank you to the 210 students, staff, family and friends that turned out for the LILA Fun Run. We doubled the turnout from the prior year and raised $810 for the PTO. Thanks to a dead battery in our Garmin, everyone got in a bonus 0.5 miles of exercise for a total of 3.6 miles for the 5K run and 1.1 for the 1 mile run. Congratulations to the Profe Marina’s Kinder class who won the party with Frank Gallegos with the highest percent (88%) participation. Qui Laoshi’s 1st grade class took second with 86%. Great job, LILA! Click here to see where your child's classroom ranked. Also congrats to Quinlan Bonnet for the win!
- Both chili and non-chili items are still greatly appreciated for the Fall 2014 LILA Family Chili Contest during conferences. Here is the link to sign up! Thanks for helping to feed LILA staff during this busy time!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled early in the year for a reason. Click here to read more about LILA's intentionality in offering conferences in October.
- Ski Club will have another information night October 23 at 6:30 in the Main Campus Gym. Hope to see you there!
Make the week great