PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Thanks to all the LILA family and friends who supported the PTO by attending Turkey Bingo on Friday night! Over 300 people attended and 15 lucky winners won a turkey! Lots of fun had by all! Look for Spring Bunny Bingo to come in April! Thanks to everyone who helped out at the event!
LILA's annual financial report is now available on the LILA website. Click here for more information about LILA's commitment to financial stewardship. The report itself is linked at the bottom of the page.
- From Nurse Jill: Got lice? We hope not! However, schools all over the state are seeing increases in cases of the tiny pesks. As a friendly reminder, any student who has been treated for lice (including removing both live bugs and their eggs) should stop in at the office for a nit check before returning to class. Parents will be notified to pick up students found to have lice so they can be treated. Thank you for doing your part in preventing the spread of lice at LILA! ~ Jill Rosenthal, RN, LILA Health Services
FROM THE PTO:
- The Language Ambassadors are still in need of some winter gear to help them brave the MN winter ahead. Please consider donating any of the below items. Financial contributions can also be accepted and should be labeled "Host Family Committee" to go toward purchasing these items. Drop off donations in the PTO mailbox.
- Snow Pants - Women's Size Small, Men's Size Small, Men's Size Large
- Snow Boots –Women's Size 6 ½ and Two Women's Size 7, Men's Size 10
- Womens' Warm Winter Jacket – Size S/M
- One more week for our Coffee Fundraiser!! But, no need to go out in the cold, door to door. Just gather a couple orders from family members you will see this weekend. Who can resist a request to support the school from a young family member?
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
LILA's Grand Opening and PYP Night was a huge success! Thanks to all those who joined us in celebrating. If you couldn't make the event or would like to learn more about LILA's curriculum, please click here.
- Both the Main Campus and Headwaters cafeterias will soon be switching from using peanut butter to sunbutter in sandwiches, starting January 1st. The cafeterias will also continue to provide a nut-free table as needed. Students may continue to bring peanut and nut products from home.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
Nov. 27-28 - NO SCHOOL, holiday
Dec. 1 - NO SCHOOL, inservice/teacher workday
Dec. 16 - Board Mtg
Dec. 22-Jan. 2 - NO SCHOOL, holiday break
Check the after-school activities page for all the current offerings at LILA and in the community!
Make the week great!