Happy New Year, LILA families, and welcome back to school!
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Floor tile was installed at the Headwaters Campus over the break, but before that happened, the first LILA classes of the new building got to sign their names forever onto the concrete beneath!
- LILA's community of staff is diverse, committed, and growing! Currently there is an open custodian position, as well as needs for Chinese immersion, Spanish immersion, and Special Education teachers next school year. If you or someone you know would like to apply, please click here for the postings.
- LILA was recently awarded a music grant from the St. Croix River Valley Foundation. Read all about it and other LILA grants under the News & Events page of the LILA website!
FROM THE PTO:
- The next PTO meeting will take place January 13 at 6:30 in the Main Campus library. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Congratulations to the following classrooms for winning the winter Boxtops Contest! Prizes included a pizza party for 1st place winners and ice cream for 2nd and 3rd place.
- Srta. Hannah's class - 2,032 Boxtops
- Profe Roberto's class - 1,235 Boxtops
- Sra. Kelley's class - 1,169 Boxtops
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- One more reminder that the Kindergarten Lottery is January 15! To take advantage of the lottery exemptions for siblings of current LILA students and children of staff members, you must have your child's application submitted by 4 pm January 14. It's quick and easy; do it today byclicking here and registering your incoming 2015-16 kindergartener. Or just go to LILA's web page at MyLILA.org and click "Apply Now."
- Have a great LILA photo? It could make the yearbook! Upload 1-2 group shots of your club, group, or other LILA event by March 30 for inclusion!
- LILA students have busy days at school, including their specialist classes. Click here to hear from the specialist teachers about all the exciting things their students have worked on so far this year!
- A huge thank you to all who participated in the Coffee Fundraiser - This was our most successful year yet, with over $8,500 raised for LILA!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
Jan. 13 - PTO General Mtg, 6:30pm in the Main Campus Library - all parents invited!
Jan. 19-20 - NO SCHOOL, teacher inservice/workday
Make the week great!