PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
How do you practice being a life-long learner? These LILA teachers did so by attending a Jeffers "Teaching with Nature" workshop! Pictured below from left to right: Profe Sergio, Seño Maria, Mamat Laoshi, Profe Marina, Seño Silvia, and Hsia Laoshi.
- Miguel Ramos and other representatives of the Twins Organization will be visiting LILA's Headwaters Campus this Thursday, March 19, as part of the "Jackie Robinson - Breaking Barriers" presentation. Twins fans, be sure to wear your Twins gear!
- What's going on after school this spring in the Forest Lake community? Visit the LILA after-school page and scroll down to "Community Organizations" to find out! For example, Fast Pitch is starting up soon through the Forest Lake Area Athletic Association. Check it out!
FROM THE PTO:
- It's almost Bunny Bingo time! No, we won't be sending you home with cuddly new pets, but instead a yummy ham for your table! Save the date for for a night full of family fun at LILA's Main Campus! Doors open at for a family pizza dinner (only $20!) and the games will start at . We hope to see everyone there!
- Announcing the Flower Fundraiser! (formally called "Flores Fundraiser")
THE FLOWER FUNDRAISER HAS ARRIVED WITH THE SPRING WEATHER!!
Our selling season is going to be super short this year () for a couple of reasons.
1) to reduce stress on families and volunteers by not having a drawn-out campaign (we won't be encouraging door-to-door sales).
2) to increase the percentage of family participation by making this short and sweet!
So, please look for more information via packets in backpacks coming home this week and get your green thumbs ready!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- How much has your student changed this school year? Lifetouch will be here to take spring pictures so you can compare. Watch for order forms and additional information coming soon!
- The spring session of KickFit is now available for K-3rd grade registrations! Check it out on the after-school page of the LILA website!
- Please join us on March 31st at 6pm at the Headwaters campus as 6th grade students present "Science and Harmony in Music," led by music teacher Jody Eggen. If their hard work during music class is any indication, it is sure to be a great concert!
- Please join us on Friday, April 10, from 5:30-8:00pm for the 10th annual Forest Lake Area Schools Festival of Cultures! It is a family-friendly, FREE, fun and educational event. It is designed to increase understanding of and appreciation for the many cultures that make up the Forest Lake Area School District. The Festival offers activities for all ages, including games, art, storytelling, music, crafts, dance, and food samples. We'll see you there!
- Spring brings sunshine, birds chirping, and....state required standardized testing! All grades, K-6, will be involved in spring testing at LILA. Students in K-2 will take a NWEA (MAP) math test. Students in grades 3-6 will take the state MCA tests in reading and math. All these tests are important to students, staff, and administration at LILA. Please check your child's test schedule at conferences and make sure they are in school on their scheduled day. If you know of a conflict, please let your child's teacher know right away. We can accommodate for absences or illness but it helps to know in advance. Thanks!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
March 5 - Evening Conferences
March 6 - NO SCHOOL, Daytime Conferences
March 9-13 NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
March 17 - LILA PTO General Meeting, 6:30pm; all parents welcome!
March 19 - LILA Snow Tubing at Trollhaugen, 5-9pm
March 26 - Spring Picture Day
March 31 - 6th grade concert, 6pm at Headwaters Campus; Flower Fundraiser Ends
April 10 - Forest Lake Area Schools Festival of Cultures
April 20 - 6th Grade Exhibition
April 25 - LILA Gala Spring Fling Dinner
Make the week great!