Greetings, LILA families!
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
1st grade students showing creativity during art class
- Calling all LILA alumni! The NSLI for Youth is awarding scholarships for high school students to learn languages through study abroad. The deadline to apply is October 30 and a teacher letter of recommendation is required.
- Hauntcert 2014 - Enjoy a spooky concert and petting zoo at Forest Lake High School on October 26th at 3pm in the gym. Costumes are encouraged, and children of all ages are welcome.
- Looking for a private tutor? Many of the LILA language ambassadors would love to work with your child on academics, language, or other special interests after school and on weekends. Click here for more information.
FROM THE PTO:
- Join us for the PTO general meeting this Tuesday night at 6:30 in the gym at the Main Campus. Get to know the 3rd-6th grade teachers and stay to learn more about ways to get involved at LILA.
- A heartfelt thank you to all those that participated in our 7th Annual Chili Cook-Off! The teachers and staff loved every bite. The competition was very close, with several of the chili dishes coming within one vote of the winners. The Main Campus winner was Jeanne VonWald (Fang Laoshi's class) and at Headwaters, Lorraine Anderson (Sra. Erin's class)! Both winning teachers will receive a $40 gift card to support their classrooms! If you haven't done so, please pick up your crockpot/spoons/etc in the staff lounge at your earliest convenience! Thank you!
- Please send in all Box Tops and Collectibles with your child over the next week (counted and labeled in a sealed bag). The Classroom with the highest number wins an ice cream treat!!!
- Language Ambassador and Classroom Enrichment Fund Program forms will be sent home this week. The PTO is asking for help to support this program through financial contributions from families or by participating in fundraisers (Coffee Fundraiser coming up in November and Flowers Fundraiser in May). Our goal is to fund 15 Language Ambassadors at a cost of $4,000 each per year. Please consider donating to this very important program at LILA! Contact the PTO if you have any questions.
- If you haven't yet had a chance, be sure to fill out the LILA Time and Talent Survey. LILA's community wouldn't be the same without our greatly appreciated volunteers!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
Save the date for the Headwaters Grand Opening! It will take place Thursday, November 13 from 6:00-7:30pm. Invitation to follow.
From the Front Desk/Transportation: Did you know that on a daily basis we have 30 to 50 changes to pick-up plans emailed or phoned in to school? Please use your planned dismissal location at the end of each day. Thanks!
Ski Club will have their last information night October 23 at 6:30 in the Main Campus Gym.
Can't wait for winter? There will be a Ski/snowboard Swap on October 25 at Forest Lake High School so your family can take advantage of the coming season. Click here for more details.
Make the week great