Greetings, LILA families!
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Get to know more LILA Ambassadors! From left to right: Manuel (6th grade), Isabel (5th grade) and Iñaki (5th grade)
- We Scare Hunger: 6th grade students will be collecting non-perishable food items on Halloween through an organization called Free the Children. You can help them try to beat last year's total of 847lbs of food by dropping off your donations to either campus all this week!
- 1st grade Chinese immersion teacher Qiu Laoshi is feeling better after a bicycling accident last week. She is grateful for the help and kind words from our LILA community and is expected to be back to see her students this week.
- Picture Retake Day will be Tuesday, November 4th. If your student was absent on our picture day in October or you are not pleased with the photographs that came home last week, Lifetouch will be here once again. If you are having a retake, you must bring your original photo package in its entirety to be given to the Lifetouch photographer on November 4th.
- We have a class ring at the front office! If you are a 1994 graduate of White Bear Lake and you'd like to claim it, call the LILA front office to tell us your initials AND what your high school sport was.
- You may have heard that your students got to visit their teachers from last year! The portfolio exchange is a way for students to catch up with last year's teacher and classmates, reflect about the year before, and to bring their portfolio to their current classroom. Some former LILA teachers skyped in for the event, and some very enthusiastic 4th graders got an in-person visit from Profe Victoria, who flew in all the way from SPAIN!
- The Main Campus cafeteria is in need of hand sanitizer for student use! While we encourage you to skip sanitizers with Triclosan (soon to be banned anyway), alcohol-based hand sanitizers are safe and efficient! Thanks!
FROM THE PTO:
Please continue to send in all those Box Tops and Collectibles (counted and labeled in a sealed bag). Here is a little background on how to send them and why it helps our school so much!
Do you like coffee? We have a deal for you! Our annual coffee fundraiser is coming soon! Check your child's backpack the week of Nov. 4th for the packet. Proceeds go toward our language ambassador program.
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Save the date for the Headwaters Grand Opening! It will take place Thursday, November 13 from 6:00-7:30pm. Invitation to follow.
- Looking for a private tutor? Many of the LILA language ambassadors would love to work with your child on academics, language, or other special interests after school and on weekends. Click here for more information.
Make the week great!