PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Señor Juan and his annual Dia de los muertos ofrenda display, a way to honor and celebrate lost loved ones.
- This Thursday night is PYP Night and the Grand Opening at the Headwaters Campus, 6-7:30pm. The format will be "open house," so drop in with your family before or after dinner. You'll be able to tour the building and take part in some fun activities designed to illustrate some of the basic concepts of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. There will be a short program at 6:45. There will also be music and light refreshments before and after the program. And, please, RSVP at this link so we're sure to have enough Grand Opening cake for everyone: LILA Opening Doors RSVP.
- Students in grades 3-6 will soon begin taking practice assessments (called "OLPA") in both reading and math to prepare for the MCA standardized assessment given in the spring. There will be 2-3 of these practice sessions to give students a chance to familiarize themselves with the assessment and for teachers to target individual instruction as needed for each student.
- There will be a Math And Science Family Fun Fair on Saturday, November 22 from 10am-4pm at the University of Minnesota. Kids of all ages are welcome! The event comes highly recommended from a few LILA families that have participated in years past.
FROM THE PTO:
- The Coffee Fundraiser is in full Brew! If you have not received a fundraising packet please contact Carin McCoy. Our coffee vendor is Roastery 7, a socially and environmentally responsible business based in MN. They offer a great product with a profit margin to LILA of 50%!
- A few host families for language ambassadors are still needed for the spring (Jan.-June). A $1000 stipend is provided. To learn more, please click here and complete an application. It is a great learning experience!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Brrr! It's cold! Remember to send children to school with coats, hats, boots, snowpants, and gloves!
- We still have a class ring at the front office! If you are a 1994 graduate of White Bear Lake and you'd like to claim it, call the LILA front office to tell us your initials AND what your high school sport was.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- Nov 13 - Opening Doors, Headwaters Grand Opening 6-7:30pm
- Nov 18 - Board Mtg, 6:30pm
- Nov. 27-28 - NO SCHOOL, holiday
- Dec. 1 - NO SCHOOL, inservice/teacher workday
Check the after-school activities page for all the current offerings at LILA and in the community!
Make the week great!