PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
In addition to meeting regularly during the school year, LILA has a staff retreat each August to prepare for the school year and to collaborate as a team of very diverse educators. LILA staff know how to work hard and play hard (and sometimes both at the same time)! Thanks for all you do!
- From your morning traffic crew: Morning traffic at the Lower School has been moving along nicely! Here are a few ways to keep the flow:
- Pull up as far as you can go before letting your student(s) out of the car.
- If you must leave your car for any reason during morning curbside drop-off, we kindly ask that you park in the parking lot and walk your child into the school.
- Please yield to buses as they enter and exit the school grounds.
- School begins at 7:50am. If your student will not be in the classroom by that time, you are required to come into the front office to sign the student in. Thanks for your help in keeping the mornings organized!
FROM THE PTO:
- October 9 is the deadline to update your contact information for this year's LILA Directory. Note that the directory is only shared with other LILA families via PDF.
- If you have not yet had a chance to do so, please take a moment to complete the 2015-2016 Volunteer Survey. Many hands make light work!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Smile for the Camera! Kinder Prep and Kindergarten-4th grade students will take their school pictures tomorrow, October 6, with 5th grade students to follow on October 7. 6th-8th grade retakes will also take place October 7. Order your pictures easily online by visiting www.mylifetouch.com or send the paper order to school with your child on their assigned day.
- As a reminder, all kindergartners can take free breakfast in the mornings. The menu is available here.
- 1 in every 13 children in the U.S. has a food allergy. Please take a moment to learn how you can help LILA ensure a safe space for all students, including those allergic to peanuts and tree nuts.
- Ski Club registration is now open. Click the link to sign up and learn about upcoming ski swaps, such as the one right here in Forest Lake on October 24.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
October 6 - Picture Day, K-4th grades
October 7 - Picture Day, Kinder Prep and 5th grade; 6th-8th grade retakes
- Evening Conferences
- No School, Daytime Conferences
-16 - No School, MEA Break
October 19 - Kindergarten Reading Night, 6pm @ Main Campus Library
October 20 - LILA School Board Mtg, 6pm