PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
One of the best parts of being a teacher is to sit back and watch students take the reigns. Pictured above, LILA's preK students teach each other reading skills. We are so proud of all the work our students have accomplished this year, and can't wait to see them back in the fall!
- Track Team: The season closed well for our community ed track team! While they don't keep a team score, several kids won first, second, and third place ribbons in the events. And thank you to all the students who tried out sports and after school activities at either campus this year!
- Garden Love: Thanks to the Girl Scout Troup for a fantastic job weeding the front area of Main Campus! At Upper School, the Garden Club has been hard at work with the proceeds from the fundraiser (thanks for your support!). LILA alum Lucas Tetrault devoted his Eagles service project to leading the club in building outdoor planters, and the crew also assembled an indoor hydroponic tower with help from students in other classes. Their next goal is to purchase a small greenhouse. A very green thumbs up for all the action that individuals and groups have taken to better our school!
END OF YEAR NOTES:
- Yearbooks are coming! Lower School students will get their pre-ordered yearbooks on June 1. Extra copies will be available for purchase starting June 2 for $25. Exact change/check required. Upper School students will get their yearbooks on Wednesday of this week, with extra copies selling at $35 each.
- Lost and Found: Please take a moment to check the Lost and Found areas (located at both campuses) before summer for any stray items.
- Library Materials Due: Library materials are now due. Please take a moment to look in nooks and crannies for anything that might need to get back to school. Thanks!
- ARC Reading Materials: All Lower School leveled reading materials are due this Friday, June 2. Please return them and any blue book bags or other items to your child's classroom. Books cost $7-$10 to replace, and especially in the lower levels, are quite thin and easy to misplace. We and next year's students thank you for checking under the rug, in the couch cushions, in the car, etc for lost books!
SUMMER RESOURCES & CAMPS:
- Lower School Online Resources: This is a PDF document full of websites that will aid your child in practicing Spanish, English, Mandarin, and math. Access it by clicking here.
- Lower School and Upper School Tutoring: Many teachers are available during the summer to tutor students in academics, technology, and music. Please refer to the Google Doc for more information.
- Summer Boost Club: Profe Jessie and Seño Melissa will once again offer this flexible, multi-day workshop to incoming 2nd and 3rd grade students, focusing on academic skills and games and activities in Spanish. Read more about it here, and use the PDF form to apply.
- Summer Camps: Please visit the LILA website for updated flyers and registration information on all available summer camps. There are lots of cool options this year!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
6/2 - Family Fun Night, 5-8pm, Main Campus
6/8 - Last Day of School for Students
8/21- First Day of the 2017-2018 School Year
Have a great week!