PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
LILA's Destination Imagination teams (7 of them!) competed at Regionals on March 24; 4 of those teams qualified to go to state and another team received 3rd place recognition. One team (Walter Mittyish Feminists) chose to hold a prom at the memory care unit of an assisted living facility for their community impact project. We can't wait to see the creativity and ingenuity of the teams at the state competition!
Spring Gala: The LILA Foundation invites you to the 9th Annual LILA Foundation Gala on Saturday, April 28, 2018. Doors open at 5 p.m. with a cocktail hour and silent auction. Dinner will be served around 7 p.m. with a live auction and program to follow celebrating our great school and teachers. Come and join others from the LILA community in this fun night in support of students, staff and future of LILA! Tickets available through the EventBrite page.
Vote for School Board: Please take a moment to vote in the LILA School Board Election! Our bylaws require 20% of eligible voters to participate in the election. Voting takes place through a link provided in your email. Thanks for taking a moment to vote!
Boxtops Reveal: The top 3 classes and prizes in the Boxtops Competition were: 1) Profe Victor, pizza party; 2) Profe Angie, popcorn party; and 3) Profe Jessie, pajama day! Congratulations! Every 50 box tops equals $5 for our school; when added together, it stretches far to help cover costs of teacher stipends, the ambassador program, and more! Please continue to save your boxtops!
Construction Traffic: MNDOT has begun work on a major construction project along the I-35 split. View current and long-term stages of the work at their website. Plans include road resurfacing and the construction of three new bridges. Plan to add time and patience to your commute if it will be affected - this will be a long project spanning into next school year!
Family Fun Night: Save the date for Family Fun Night on May 18! Currently the PTO organizers are looking for Classroom Basket Coordinators. One is needed per class/advisory. Learn more about this easy role and sign up now!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 4/10 - School Board Annual Mtg, 5pm @Main Campus Library, 2nd Grade Concert, 6pm in the Main Campus Gym
- 4/13 - Forest Lake Area Festival of Cultures, 5:30-8pm in the FL High School gym
- 4/16 - 5th Grade Exhibition
- 4/28 - LILA Foundation Gala
- 5/15 - Graduation, Spring Iterm Begins
- 5/18 - Family Fun Night
- 5/23 - Last Day of School
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Athletics Highlight: Athletic Director Jenni Muras & LILA athletics were featured in a recent article in the Forest Lake Times! Click here to view the pdf version. Go Dragons!
- Exhibition: You are invited to attend 5th grade Exhibition on Monday, April 16, at 6pm! This is the culminating project of the IB Primary Years Programme, and an opportunity for students to work together on investigating, presenting, and taking action on an issue of personal interest. It's also a celebration of who our students are as learners!
We Create Change: Congratulations to Upper School students, who raised $729.72 in the We Create Change campaign. Thank you to all the advisories that took action, and congrats to Ms. Mensen's advisory for winning the spirit stick as the top earning group! We Create Change is part of We.org, and uses the funds to buy goats for villages in need.
School Board Annual Meeting: Please join us for the LILA School Board's Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 10, at 5:00pm in the Main Campus Library. The meeting will include the "A Year in Review" presentation, highlighting the growth and celebrations of the past year. All are welcome!
WANT MORE NEWS?