PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Profe Luis's 3rd grade class and Profe Marina's kindergarten class buddied up to read together. What are your favorite titles this spring?
Athletics Highlight: Athletic Director Jenni Muras & LILA athletics were featured in a recent article in the Forest Lake Times! Click here to view the pdf version. Go Dragons!
Exhibition: You are invited to attend 5th grade Exhibition on Monday, April 16, at 6pm! This is the culminating project of the IB Primary Years Programme, and an opportunity for students to work together on investigating, presenting, and taking action on an issue of personal interest. It's also a celebration of who our students are as learners!
We Create Change: Congratulations to Upper School students, who raised $729.72 in the We Create Change campaign. Thank you to all the advisories that took action, and congrats to Ms. Mensen's advisory for winning the spirit stick as the top earning group! We Create Change is part of We.org, and uses the funds to buy goats for villages in need.
School Board Annual Meeting: Please join us for the LILA School Board's Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 10, at 5:00pm in the Main Campus Library. The meeting will include the "A Year in Review" presentation, highlighting the growth and celebrations of the past year. All are welcome!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 3/20-4/3 PTO Flower Fundraiser - Order Online!
- 3/27 - 3rd Grade Concert, 6pm in the Main Campus Gym
- 3/30 - No School
- 4/10 - 2nd Grade Concert, 6pm in the Main Campus Gym
- 4/13 - Forest Lake Area Festival of Cultures, 5:30-8pm in the FL High School gym
- 4/16 - 5th Grade Exhibition, US iterm begins
- 4/28 - LILA Foundation Gala
- 5/18 - Family Fun Night
- 5/23 - Last Day of School
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Finance Award: Congratulations to LILA for recieving the 2018 Volunteers of America MN Finance Award! LILA continues in its tradition of strong financial stewardship, having won this award in the past from the VOAMN charter school authorizing program.
Spring Testing: Many students at both campuses will be taking standardized testing in the next few weeks. Students are encouraged to practice healthy habits before test day and avoid planned absences for appointments on test days. Testing information is available under the Calendars tab on the LILA website.
WANT MORE NEWS?