PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Pictured above, some of the OPEN-MINDED and CURIOUS RISK-TAKERS who jumped at this year's Winter Plunge! All in all, we had 32 LILA representatives brave the water! Thank you to everyone who cheered them on and donated to the cause!
- Amazon Smile: In the last quarter of 2017, LILA received $128.90 in donations from Amazon Smile sales. Thanks for choosing us! Visit https://smile.amazon.com/ and select Lakes International Language Academy as another easy way to support LILA.
- Coaching Oppportunities: Upper School is looking for coaches (paid positions). Do you know someone who might be interested? -- Or maybe it's YOU? Contact Jenni Muras at Upper School today! Dates: mid to late March-end of May, practicing Tuesday-Friday for 1.5-2hrs, with the exception of golf (TBD- most likely twice a week at Forest Hills Golf Club).
- Girls' and Boys' Track and Field
- Girls' Softball
- Boys' Baseball
- Co-ed Golf
- Conferences: Last week an email went out with the link to sign up for Conferences on March 8-9. Please click here for information regarding spring conferences, as well as access to the Lower School and Upper School links.
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- MAIN Parents' Immersion Festival: Join other families of immersion students from around the metro at a free festival on March 10! See the flyer for details. LILA Kindergarten teacher Fang Laoshi and a group of students will perform a fan dance at the event!
- Yearbook Photos - Great photos make for a great yearbook! The Yearbook Staff kindly requests that you submit your photos of LILA events and students by March 9 via the ImageShare app. Details can be found here.
- School Safety: With the recent Florida school shooting, we recognize that parents, students, and staff may be thinking about safety at school more than ever before. Please take a moment to read LILA's response and continued committment to student safety.
- Lower School BoxTops Competition: Now through Thursday, March 8, be on the lookout for Box Tops for Education! Check the products you buy for non-expired labels, and then clip and save in bags of 50 (for easy classroom counting). Turn in the labels by March 8 to your child's classroom teacher. Classroom Prizes: 1st place - Pizza Party; 2nd place - Popcorn Party; 3rd place - PJ day! Proceeds will be spent on playground equipment (sand toys, balls, jump ropes, etc.) This year's goal is to raise $2,000 - simply by cutting out a few labels!
- FLAS Festival of Cultures: Save the date for the Forest Lake Area Schools Festival of Cultures! LILA always boasts a strong turn out for this internationally minded event at the Forest Lake High School. This year, our Language Ambassadors will represent the Spanish, Chilean, El Salvadorian, Colombian, Chinese, and Taiwanese cultures. Join in this free family event on April 13 from 5:30-8pm. More details to come!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 2/27 - 5th Grade Concert, 6pm @ Main Campus
- 3/8 - Lower School Evening Conferences, regular school day; Boxtops due
- 3/9 - NO SCHOOL, Daytime Conferences
- 3/10- MAIN Parents' Immersion Festival in Minnetonka
- 3/12-3/16 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
- 3/19 - NO SCHOOL, Teacher Work Day
WANT MORE NEWS?