PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
The cast and crew of LILA's production of James & the Giant Peach, Jr. invite you to see the show this coming weekend! All showtimes are general seating, no ticket required, and freewill donations will be gratefully accepted! See below for showtimes!
A NOTE ABOUT SCHOOL STUDENT SAFETY:
With the recent Florida school shooting, we recognize that parents, students, and staff may be thinking about safety at school more than ever before. Please take a moment to read LILA's response and continued committment to student safety.
- Lower School BoxTops Competition: Now through Thursday, March 8, be on the lookout for Box Tops for Education! Check the products you buy for non-expired labels, and then clip and save in bags of 50 (for easy classroom counting). Turn in the labels by March 8 to your child's classroom teacher. Classroom Prizes: 1st place - Pizza Party; 2nd place - Popcorn Party; 3rd place - PJ day! Proceeds will be spent on playground equipment (sand toys, balls, jump ropes, etc.) This year's goal is to raise $2,000 - simply by cutting out a few labels!
- FLAS Festival of Cultures: Save the date for the Forest Lake Area Schools Festival of Cultures! LILA always boasts a strong turn out for this internationally minded event at the Forest Lake High School. This year, our Language Ambassadors will represent the Spanish, Chilean, El Salvadorian, Colombian, Chinese, and Taiwanese cultures. Join in this free family event on April 13 from 5:30-8pm. More details to come!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Winter Plunge: Skip the beach trip to Florida this year and join us for a dip in the lake, LILA style! Team LILA will once again participate in the Winter Plunge, Gettin' Cold for Your Cause, at Lakeside Park in Forest Lake. Watch or jump Saturday, February 24, from 12pm-3pm. Visit the team page here!
- Snow Tubing: Save the date for fun in the snow with other LILA families! The LILA Foundation invites you to Trollhaugen for snowtubing on February 22, 5-9pm. View the flyer here, and print and sign the waiver for tubing.
- James and the Giant Peach, Jr.: LILA is pleased to present James and the Giant Peach, Jr. as its winter musical production. Don't let the dates sneak past you - It's coming up soon, 2/23-25 in the Main Campus Gym! Evening performances take place Friday and Saturday at 6pm, with Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2pm. Free will donations will be accepted. Doors open for seating 30min. before showtime.
- Child Care: Registration is now open for next year's Little Explorers (Preschool) and Explorer Club (K-5) school-age child care. Summer Explorer Club (K-5) is also open. Unfortunately, there is no Little Explorers during the summer. Visit thewebsite to register today. Space is limited; first-come, first served.
- MAIN Parents' Immersion Festival: Join other families of immersion students from around the metro at a free festival on March 10! See the flyer for details. LILA Kindergarten teacher Fang Laoshi and a group of students will perform a fan dance at the event!
- Yearbook Photos - Great photos make for a great yearbook! The Yearbook Staff kindly requests that you submit your photos of LILA events and students by March 9 via the ImageShare app. Details can be found here.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 2/22 - Snow Tubing @ Trollhaugen, 5-9pm
- 2/23-2/25 - Winter Musical: James and the Giant Peach, Jr. @Main Campus
- 2/24 - Winter Plunge, Lakeside Park, 12-3pm
- 2/27 - 5th Grade Concert, 6pm @ Main Campus
- 3/8 - Lower School Evening Conferences, regular school day
- 3/9 - NO SCHOOL, Daytime Conferences
- 3/10- MAIN Parents' Immersion Festival in Minnetonka
- 3/12-3/16 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
- 3/19 - NO SCHOOL, Teacher Work Day
WANT MORE NEWS?