PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Last week, LILA celebrated Para-Professional week. We are so thankful for all our support staff at both campuses, including the Paras and Special Education team pictured above. Be sure to greet them when you see them in the halls and classrooms!
- Last Chance - Main Campus Lost & Found: With a solid MN winter under our feet, the Main Campus Lost and Found is now overflowing with jackets, hats, lunchboxes, and other items that tend to get separated from their owners at season's change. This Friday, February 2, unclaimed items will be donated to kids in need through our authorizer, Volunteers of America. Please take a moment to claim your items this week!
- Just Dance: Last week Upper School students participated in Spirit Week, with daily dress up days such as twin day and hero day. On Friday, students had the chance to dance the night away at the first ever "Decades Dance!"
- Thank You: A huge thank you to everyone who fed the teachers last week at either campus. In the words of our students, our favorite soup was "all of them!" Thank you!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- You're Invited: Please mark your calendars for Vuela con LILA, this year's family night celebrating culture in Spanish speaking countries! The event is open to ALL LILA families, February 8, 5-8pm at Main Campus. Join us for activities, games, and food catered by Acapulco Restaurant. Overflow parking is available at City Hall, with shuttle service provided.
- Board Member Election: The LILA School Board has tallied the votes in the special election for the open community member seat and will be welcoming Cory Voss to the board in February! Thank you to all who participated in the vote.
- Winter Plunge: Skip the beach trip to Florida this year and join us for a dip in the lake, LILA style! Team LILA will once again participate in the Winter Plunge, Gettin' Cold for Your Cause, at Lakeside Park in Forest Lake. Watch or jump Saturday, February 24, from 12pm-3pm. Visit the team page here!
- Snow Tubing: Save the date for fun in the snow with other LILA families! The LILA Foundation invites you to Trollhaugen for snowtubing on February 22, 5-9pm. More information to come!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 2/8 - "Vuela con LILA" Spanish Family Night! 5-8pm, for ALL families!
- 2/19 - NO SCHOOL, Teacher Professional Development Day & Kinder Roundup
- 2/22 - Snow Tubing @ Trollhaugen, 5-9pm
- 2/24 - Winter Plunge, Lakeside Park, 12-3pm
WANT MORE NEWS?