PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Last week, 2nd grade students had the opportunity to inquire into "how we make decisions with our resources." Students prepared goods and services for a second grade market, where they could buy and sell using LILA dollars. Pictured above: kids in Profe Jessie's room, ready to "sell" their handcrafted items. Students had chances throughout the week to earn, save, and spend their money.
- Yearbook Stocking Stuffers! Continuing an annual tradition, you can now order 2017-2018 yearbooks through FeePay. The books cost $25 for Lower School, $35 for Upper School, and will be distributed mid-May. Give the gift of memories, and click here to print a stocking stuffer certificate to let your child know their yearbook is on the way.
- Front Office Closures: Happy holidays from the Front Office staff! The Main Campus office will be closed from 12/22-1/5. Enjoy the break!
- Upper School Pick-up Change: After school study from 2:30-4pm will now use a designated classroom instead of the cafeteria, to free up space for other groups. Parents, please contact your student(s) when you arrive to pick them up, or call the US front office so we can notify them to come out front. Students waiting for rides after 4pm will wait outside or in the heated entry area.
- Lower School Karate: The Spring (Jan-May) session of Karate is now open for registration. View the link on the LILA after-school activities page.
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Give Kids a Smile: Volunteer clinics statewide will provide free charitable dentist visits for children of low-income families on February 2-3. Appointments can be scheduled starting January 1. Visit the website or view the information flyer here.
- YMCA Teen Thrive: The next session of Y's Start (Grades 5-7) and Leader's Club (Grades 8-12) will begin in early January. Click here to see group descriptions of these leadership driven clubs!
- Kindergarten Lottery: Please help us spread the word! Incoming kindergarten families must have their applications turned in by January 12 to be eligible for the January 15 lottery!
- Alumni Newsletter: The LILA Alumni Newsletter is here! Spotlights include an update from alum Anna Scherman and building engineer Mick Haugen, original founder of the MopHeads (if you remember the MopHeads, you'll enjoy the video link). If you know a past LILA student, parent, ambassador, or staff member, please encourage them to visit the Lila Foundation page & sign up for the newsletter directly. We'd love to hear from them too!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 12/22-1/5 - NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
- 1/8 - Classes Resume
- 1/15 NO SCHOOL, MLK Jr, Day; Kindergarten Lottery
- 1/29 NO SCHOOL, Teacher Work Day
WANT MORE NEWS?
Stay up to date on LILA news in the following ways: Follow us on Facebook, update your contact info via Infinite Campus, and check out our website at www.mylila.org. Classroom and advisory teachers also send updates often! We value good communication, and we hope to partner with you and your students in their learning this year! Have a great break, and see you in 2018!