PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Congratulations to 1st grade students, who have now graduated into using ONLY Spanish or Mandarin in the classroom! It's incredible to see how creative and committed our students are to helping everyone communicate! Go first graders!
- Special Election School Board: The LILA School Board seeks interested applicants for the open Community Member position. The Community Member must not have a child attending LILA or work for the school. Applications will kindly be accepted through December 19 at 4pm, with voting to follow in January. Read more and apply here, and please share this opportunity with individuals who could be interested! Note, this position runs through June 30, 2018.
- Give Kids a Smile: Volunteer clinics statewide will provide free charitable dentist visits for children of low-income families on February 2-3. Appointments can be scheduled starting January 1. Visit the website or view the information flyer here.
- YMCA Teen Thrive: The next session of Y's Start (Grades 5-7) and Leader's Club (Grades 8-12) will begin in early January. Click here to see group descriptions of these leadership driven clubs!
- Kindergarten Lottery: Please help us spread the word! Incoming kindergarten families must have their applications turned in by January 12 to be eligible for the January 15 lottery! The next tour will take place December 12, from 8:30-10am.
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Last Call For Coffee!! Orders were due December 5, but you might still be able to sneak in an order online! Please turn in all paper orders at this time as well.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 12/7 and 12/12 - Grandparents' Fundraiser Breakfast
- 12/22-1/5 - NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
- 1/8 - Classes Resume
- 1/15 NO SCHOOL, MLK Jr, Day
- 1/29 NO SCHOOL, Teacher Work Day
WANT MORE NEWS?
Stay up to date on LILA news in the following ways: Follow us on Facebook, update your contact info via Infinite Campus, and check out our website at www.mylila.org. Classroom and advisory teachers also send updates often! We value good communication, and we hope to partner with you and your students in their learning this year! Have a great week!