PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Are you my owner? Now is a good time to check the Lost & Found for stray items! Remaining articles of clothing at Lower School campus will be cleared out and donated during Thanksgiving Break. Now is also a good time to label younger students' winter gear with their names!
- Coffee Fundraiser: Colder weather? Bring on the coffee! This fundraiser is a LILA tradition and great for gift giving! Check your child's backpack for order information.
- Grandparents Day Fundraiser: Grandparents are invited to witness immersion in action, as well as take part in the future of LILA. Grandparents bring their grandchild to the classroom, then attend a short program, light breakfast, and optional tour of the school. While there is no cost to attend, there will be an opportunity to make a donation. Pick one of two dates: 12/7 or 12/12, and please rsvp on the LILA Foundation page, where you can also read about the LILA Foundation's mission.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
- 11/10 - Scrip gift card orders due
- 11/15 - Ski Club Registration and Payment due - Register Here
- 11/20 - Make-Up Chess Class, 2:15-3:45pm (replacing the cancelled 10/18 class)
- 11/22-24 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
- 12/7 and 12/12 - Grandparents' Fundraiser Breakfast
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Gobble Gobble! You're invited to the PTO Turkey Skate! This year we're headed to Saints North in Maplewood (in lieu of Turkey Bingo) for skating, music, games, prizes, and a great time! Join us on Saturday, November 11, 4:30-6:30pm. $5/person to skate or observe, inline skates available for $3 each. Concessions will be available. See you there!
- Scrip: Order your physical scrip giftcards now thru November 10! Give the gift of gift cards! If the previous sentences made no sense to you, get a refresher here on this individualized, on-going fundraiser for the school and student travel, like the current Spain trip!
- Recess Clothing Guidelines: Cold weather has hit early! Lower School Parents, please take a moment to recall our winter recess policy and send your children with appropriate clothing for the temperature:
- Recess is outside nearly every day so kids get fresh air and exercise. Kids stay indoors when temperatures dip 0 degrees or below, or if the windchill hits -5 degrees or below.
- Grades K-2 need to wear a coat, snowpants (when snow is present), boots, hat or hood, and mittens or gloves.
- Grades 3-5 must have a coat and boots, although full winter attire is strongly suggested for their comfort level.
- Please label your child's items with their names so lost items can be returned to their owners. Thanks!
WANT MORE NEWS?
Stay up to date on LILA news in the following ways: Follow us on Facebook, update your contact info via Infinite Campus, and check out our website at www.mylila.org. Classroom and advisory teachers also send updates often! We value good communication, and we hope to partner with you and your students in their learning this year! Have a great week!