PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Goodbye and Bienvenidos! Lila hosted 17 students from the CASVI School (located in a suburb of Madrid) for six weeks at the beginning of the school year. Then, last Friday, those 17 students flew home and 16 LILA 8th-11th graders followed, with Srta. Jocelyn as their chaperone. They will attend school in Spain and stay with host families for six weeks. We're proud of their open-mindedness, risk-taking, and enthusiasm for travel! Have an amazing experience!
- Conferences: Fall conferences are just around the corner on October 18 after school, and October 19 during the day (no school). Lower School parents, here is the correct sign-up link. Before or after meeting with your child's teacher, be sure to visit the book fair and chat with specialists! This is also a great time to check the Lost & Found at both campuses.
- No School: In addition to being off for conferences on October 19, please keep in mind that there will be no school on Friday, October 20, and Monday, October 23. Enjoy the break!
- Ski Club Info Night: Join us tomorrow (Thursday) night from 6:30-8:00PM in the Main Campus gym. Trollhaugen will be onsite to register and take photos for season passes. Visit the Ski Club website to learn what's new this year! See you there & on the slopes!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Bus Notes: Just a reminder that if a student will be riding a bus other than their own (ie to a friend's house), they must have a signed note from their parent AND have it authorized by the front desk that day. They will not be allowed on the bus without the note.
- Main Campus End of Day Changes: Please contact the transportation office by 11am if an emergency comes up that requires your child to take a different mode of transportation that day. Thanks!
- The Forest Lake YMCA would like to invite students to put their IB skills into practice at Y's Start (grades 5-8) and Leader's Club (grades 7-12). Both are after-school clubs free to Y members. Enrollment is open throughout the school year. See more info at their webpage (scroll down for descriptions and registration).
WANT MORE NEWS?
Stay up to date on LILA news in the following ways: Follow us on Facebook, update your contact info via Infinite Campus, and check out our website at www.mylila.org. Classroom and advisory teachers also send updates often! We value good communication, and we hope to partner with you and your students in their learning this year! Have a great week!