PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Family Fun Night is less than 2 weeks away! Avoid lines and save if you pre-order your tickets now through May 31st. Buy tickets here, and we'll see you on June 2!
- Congratulations to LILA student Savannah Stuttgen, Forest Lake YMCA winner of Youth Thrive, an award given to 38 teen leaders in the Twin Cities "who have made an impact on their communities while demonstrating a committment to the Y's core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility." Savannah demonstrates that kids aren't just the leaders of tomorrow, they can be leaders today too.
- New Summer Camp options: Archery Camp, YMCA Sports Camps, Chess Camp, and Safety Camp have been added to the list of options taking place at LILA or nearby this summer. All flyers have been added to our Summer Camps page on the LILA website. Try something new this summer!
FROM THE PTO:
- Family Fun Night: Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers that have signed up to help with FFN on June 2! There are still about 35 shifts to fill. Grab a friend and sign up here. Classroom silent auction baskets are coming together nicely, and this year's silent auction item list is now ready to view. Less than 2 weeks to go!
- BoxTops: During summer break, please don't take a break from collecting BoxTops! This remains a very easy and effective fundraiser for LILA. The next classroom contest will take place in the fall. Also, please note: The Labels For Education program (the red labels that come from soup, etc) has ended, so no need to send those in anymore. Thank you!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Going to Globals: One of LILA's Destination Imagination teams, Aluminum Lineoleum, was selected to compete in the globals competition in Knoxville, TN. They are fundraising via a Go Fund Me page, in hopes that the whole team will be able to participate in this amazing opportunity.
- Scrip Gift Card: This is the last week to order Scrip gift cards! Learn more about participating in Scrip here and start this easy fundraiser for your student and LILA.
- Library Materials Due: Library materials were due last Friday for both campuses (excuse the misprinted date!). Please take a moment to look in nooks and crannies for anything that might need to get back to school. Thanks!
SUMMER RESOURCES & CAMPS:
- Lower School Online Resources: This is a PDF document full of websites that will aid your child in practicing Spanish, English, Mandarin, and math. Access it by clicking here.
- Lower School and Upper School Tutoring: Many teachers are available during the summer to tutor students in academics, technology, and music. Please refer to the Google Doc for more information.
- Summer Boost Club: Profe Jessie and Seño Melissa will once again offer this flexible, multi-day workshop to incoming 2nd and 3rd grade students, focusing on academic skills and games and activities in Spanish. Read more about it here, and use the PDF form to apply.
- Summer Camps: Please visit the LILA website for updated flyers and registration information on all available summer camps. There are lots of cool options this year!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
5/29 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
5/31 Upper School Spring I-Term begins
6/2 - Family Fun Night, 5-8pm, Main Campus
6/8 - Last Day of School for Students
8/21- First Day of the 2017-2018 School Year
Have a great week!