PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
When your students take it to the next level, so does the custodial staff. Special thanks to building engineer Steve and custodian Kelsey for assisting Profe Angie's 4th grade egg drop experiment. All eggs that parachuted safely from the gym staircase got to "eggsperience" a fall from the top of the building!
- Library Materials Due: Please take a moment this week to search for and return all LILA library books by this Friday, May 15. With the short summer ahead and the large volume of books, our wonderful librarians would like to get a headstart on organizing! Note, the 100 Book Challenge leveled books that K-5 students bring home daily for reading practice are not due until June 2.
- Going to Globals: One of LILA's Destination Imagination teams, Aluminum Lineoleum, was selected to compete in the globals competition in Knoxville, TN. They are fundraising via a Go Fund Me page, in hopes that the whole team will be able to participate in this amazing opportunity.
- Scrip Gift Card orders will be accepted now through May 26. Learn more about participating in Scrip here. This is the last physical gift card order for the school year, but e-gift cards are available all summer.
- Summer Camps: Registration is now open for Camp Dragon, a Chinese exchange camp hosted by LILA for grades 5-12. Host families are also needed! Karate Camp also has openings, as well as a new offering introduced by a LILA parent - Wizard Camp!
FROM THE PTO:
- Family Fun Night: Please save the date! Family Fun Night is coming on Friday, June 2nd, from 5-8pm! Join us for games, food, and more community-building merriment!
- Game Challenge Results: Well done and Thank you to all the students that participated in the PTO Family Fun Night Game Challenge! The winners are: Brindle Hager (1st grade/Profe Hannah) with "Off to the (Pony) Races, and Kolbin Romero (Kinder/Marina) with "Place that Puck!" Brindle and Kolbin will celebrate their win with a class donut party plus a free wristband each to Family Fun Night! Be sure to be on the lookout for those two new, fun, games at FFN! Way to go, Brindle and Kolbin!
FROM THE OFFICE:
- Visitor Check-in: Just a reminder that ANYONE other than staff entering ANY LILA building must sign in first as a visitor, including our beloved volunteers. This is a safety regulation. Thanks for understanding!
- Student Sign-in: All students arriving or leaving between school hours must be signed in or out (Upper School students can sign themselves in, but the absence will be unexcused unless a parent has contacted the school via phone, absence portal, email, or note. While teachers mark attendance at the beginning of the day or period, the front office handles the rest and relies on the kiosk system to keep accurate accounts.
- Lower School Parent Input Forms: Teachers strive to create balanced class lists for the next school year. Parents can participate in this process by filling out this form. Rather than asking for a certain teacher or placement with a friend, we ask that you share the characteristics that would best help your child succeed. The forms are due this Friday, May 19.
SUMMER RESOURCES & CAMPS:
- Lower School Online Resources: This is a PDF document full of websites that will aid your child in practicing Spanish, English, Mandarin, and math. Access it by clicking here.
- Lower School and Upper School Tutoring: Many teachers are available during the summer to tutor students in academics, technology, and music. Please refer to the Google Doc for more information.
- Summer Boost Club: Profe Jessie and Seño Melissa will once again offer this flexible, multi-day workshop to incoming 2nd and 3rd grade students, focusing on academic skills and games and activities in Spanish. Read more about it here, and use the PDF form to apply.
- Lower School Summer Camps: There are still a few spots open for LILA's immersion based summer camps! Check it out here! Incoming kindergartners can find out what immersion is like, and returning students can brush up on their language skills while having fun!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
5/29 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
5/31 Upper School Spring I-Term begins
6/2 - Family Fun Night
Have a great week!