The LILA Garden Club will have a plant sale this week! Seedlings include tomatoes, peppers, kale, herbs, broccoli, and more, 4/$10. Come check it out: Wednesday, Lower School Gym Doors, 2:15-3:30; Thursday, Headwaters Campus by the Cafeteria, 2:15-3:30. Proceeds go to Garden Club projects!
- Summer Resources and Tutoring: With summer around the corner, we'd like to encourage your family to be well balanced - enjoy the outdoors, spend time with family, and keep up with academics. Here are some resources that may be helpful:
- Lower School Online Resources: This is a PDF document full of websites that will aid your child in practicing Spanish, English, Mandarin, and math. Access it by clicking here.
- Lower School and Upper School Tutoring: Many teachers are available during the summer to tutor students in academics, technology, and music. Please refer to the Google Doc for more information.
- Summer Boost Club: Profe Jessie and Seño Melissa will once again offer this flexible, multi-day workshop to incoming 2nd and 3rd grade students, focusing on academic skills and games and activities in Spanish. Read more about it here, and use the PDF form to apply.
FROM THE OFFICE:
- Visitor Check-in: Just a reminder that ANYONE other than staff entering ANY LILA building must sign in first as a visitor, including our beloved volunteers. This is a safety regulation. Thanks for understanding!
- Student Sign-in: All students arriving or leaving between school hours must be signed in or out (Upper School students can sign themselves in, but the absence will be unexcused unless a parent has contacted the school via phone, absence portal, email, or note. While teachers mark attendance at the beginning of the day or period, the front office handles the rest and relies on the kiosk system to keep accurate accounts.
- Lower School Parent Input Forms: Teachers strive to create balanced class lists for the next school year. Parents can participate in this process by filling out this form. Rather than asking for a certain teacher or placement with a friend, we ask that you share the characteristics that would best help your child succeed. The forms are due May 19.
FROM THE PTO:
- Family Fun Night: Please save the date! Family Fun Night is coming on Friday, June 2nd, from 5-8pm! Join us for games, food, and more community-building merriment!
- FFN Game Contest: The PTO needs your child's help! We would love to provide a new and exciting game or activity for students to play at Family Fun Night! Students are invited to share their game or ideas via the entry form. Winners will receive a free game wrist band for the evening of the event, as well as a free breakfast party for their class! Please drop off entry forms in the front office.
- Basket Coordinators are needed at every grade level for the FFN Silent Auction, ESPECIALLY at Upper School! This is an easy but important volunteer job. Read more about it here. Thanks!
- Thanks: A spring shower of gratitude is in order for all who ordered flowers through the PTO fundraiser! Thanks also to the volunteers who were able to help unload the truck. What a beautiful weekend!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- School Starts When? The upcoming 2017-2018 school year at LILA (as well as Forest Lake District 831) will begin on August 21, prompted by construction plans. Please refer to the full calendar when making plans.
- Lower School Summer Camps: There are still a few spots open for LILA's immersion based summer camps! Check it out here! Incoming kindergartners can find out what immersion is like, and returning students can brush up on their language skills while having fun!
- Amazon Smile: If you plan to use Amazon to purchase Mother's Day gifts (or other spring shopping), please consider switching to Amazon Smile. A percentage of your purchase goes to the charity of your choice, and we'd like to invite you to choose LILA for that designation. Every little bit counts!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
5/29 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
5/31 Upper School Spring I-Term begins
6/2 - Family Fun Night
Have a great week!