PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
6th grade students in Ms. Natalie Kaintz's MN History class worked on their communication and critical thinking skills by preparing for a debate on the US-Dakota War of 1862 last month.
- 5th Grade Exhibition: 5th grade students have been hard at work using all that they have learned throughout their years at LILA to engage in an in-depth research project in teams of two or three students. Guided by their teachers and mentors, they have thoughtfully created presentations, which they will share on Monday, May 1, from 6-7pm. All are invited to attend! The event begins in the Lower School Gym and then will break out for individual sessions in various classrooms. Please join us in affirming their hard work!
- Lower School Summer Camps: There are still a few spots open for LILA's immersion based summer camps! Check it out here! Incoming kindergartners can find out what immersion is like, and returning students can brush up on their language skills while having fun!
- Worth a Thousand Words: There are lots of new posts & photos on the LILA Facebook Page! LILA alumni, Twins Game fun, and classroom activities to name a few. Enjoy!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Familiy Fun Night: Please plan to join us in a school-wide celebration marking the end of the school year! Family Fun Night will take place on June 2. Basket Coordinators are needed at every grade level for the Silent Auction! This is an easy but important volunteer job. Read more about it here. Thanks!
- School Starts When? The upcoming 2017-2018 school year at LILA (as well as Forest Lake District 831) will begin on August 21, prompted by construction plans. Please refer to the full calendar when making plans.
- Tote Bags: Thank you to the families who have purchased the LILA tote bag, available in FeePay for $5! You are fantastic! Tote bags support LILA in two ways: repping your school as you carry it AND raising money for school events like Chinese New Year.
- Upper School Spring Dance - May 5 from 7-9:30pm, all LILA middle school and high school students are invited to dance! This year's theme is Cinco de Mayo. The $5 tickets will be available through FeePay, as well as during lunch periods on May 3 and 4.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
5/1 - 5th Grade Exhibition, 6-7pm, Lower School Gym
5/2 - 4th Grade Concert and Performance Night, 6pm
5/5 - Upper School Spring Dance
5/7 - Spring Flower Delivery
5/29 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
5/31 Upper School Spring I-Term begins
6/2 - Family Fun Night
Have a great week!