PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Two heads (and in this case, two teams) are better than one! In addition to Monday and Tuesday's inservice days last week, teachers meet regularly to improve their instruction. Pictured above, 5th grade and specialist teachers discuss ideas for an IB "How We Express Ourselves" Unit.
- Upper School Sports Update: LILA will be using rSchoolToday for scheduling activities and athletics, so you can now easily see when a game or meet is coming up! Boys Baseball has enough participants for a team, and Upper School Golf will be open for 5th-12th grade students. Go Dragons!
- Spring Gala Ticket Deadline: Tickets for the April 22nd LILA Foundation's Spring Gala Fundraiser are available through the EventBrite website until April 16. To learn more about the Gala, please refer our Events Page. We hope you won't miss this chance to spend an enjoyable evening out and help ensure the success of the school's long-term financial health!
- Gender Equality Survey: 9th grade Human Geography students in Profe Erin and Profe Natalie's class have created a survey studying gender equality. They've surpassed their initial goal of 500 respondents and now hope to get over 1000 completed surveys, especially from international participants. Links are available in English and in Spanish.
- English Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/
Spanish Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Explorer Club Registration Due Dates: The 2017 summer registration deadline (Explorer Club only K-5th grade) is approaching quickly on April 17. The registration deadline for the 2017-2018 school year (Explorer Club and Little Explorers) is June 30. Any registrations received after those dates will be put on a wait list and are subject to availability. Registration information can be found on the website.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
4/11 - 2nd Grade Music Concert, 6pm @ Lower School, LILA Board Annual Meeting, 5:00pm - all are welcome
4/14 - NO SCHOOL, Holiday
4/22 - LILA Foundation Gala, 6pm - 11pm at the LILA Headwaters Campus
5/2 - 4th Grade Concert, 6pm
5/7 - Spring Flower Delivery
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link! Have a great week!