PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
The Winter Plunge is only a few days away! Cheer us on around noon this Saturday at Lakeside Park in Forest Lake! The top jumpers win prizes for how much they earn, so click here to donate to your favorite jumper! All participants who raise at least $75 will win a t-shirt, and the top earning classroom (5th and up) wins breakfast in class!
- Conference email - Stay tuned this week for an email about Spring Conferences. It will contain the sign-up links for both Lower and Upper Campuses, as well as an invitation to check out the Lower School Book Fair and the Lost and Founds at both campuses.
- International Travel Opportunities - we are delighted to share some upcoming international travel opportunities! Eligible student applicants, chosen based on IB attributes by a selection committee, will embark on adventures to China (May 2017), Spain (October 2017), and Guatemala (May 2018)! Families of all students are invited to plan ahead for future trips by starting a Scrip Fundraising account to help offset travel costs. See the Scrip page for more information.
- Spring Testing: Many grade levels at both Lower and Upper Campuses will be taking MCA standardized testing this spring. Watch your email for the specific tests and testing dates for your child's class, and make every effort to schedule doctor, dentist, and any other planned school absences around those dates. Studies show that students do better when they test with their classmates. And, of course, don't forget plenty of sleep and a healthy breakfast on test day!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Explorer Club invites you to start thinking about your summer and fall childcare needs. Registration is coming soon on the LILA website. The summer theme will be Navigating Through Nature. The Main Campus program offers language immersion with no minimum days required for those entering Kindergarten through the summer after 5th grade. A summer food program will be available through PayPams. A separate program (the Y), unrelated to Explorer Club, will be renting space at the Headwaters Campus for their summer program.
- Scrip Gift Cards: Scrip fundraising is an on-going fundraiser for your family and LILA. Electronic gift cards are available year-round, but physical gift card orders are only available a few times a year, including now through 2/24. The shipment will arrive March 3, and gift cards can be picked up after school or at conferences. Learn more about Scrip and the registration process here.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
2/24-2/26 LILA's "Seussical Jr.," Friday 6pm, Saturday 2pm & 6pm, Sunday 2pm in the Main Campus Gym
2/25 Winter Plunge, Lakeside Park in Forest Lake
3/2 - Normal School Day, Evening Conferences at both Campuses
3/3 - No School: Daytime Conferences, Lower School Book Fair; Last Day for LS Lost and Found
3/6 - 3/10 - No School: Spring Break
3/13 - No School: Teacher Inservice
3/14 - School Resumes
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!