PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Upper School recently finished I-term: Interesting, intensive, instructive, in-depth, and incredible applied learning opportunities! Pictured above, students at Concordia Language Villages in Bemidji practiced French and Spanish. Other classes included rock climbing expeditions, snow shoeing, playing Quidditch, and exploring the MN History Museum! Congrats to our risk-taking and open-minded students for immersing themselves in their learning!
- No School 2/17: Last week's edition of the LILA Update missed an important upcoming date - No School Friday, February 17, in addition to Monday, February 20. Thanks to the attentive parents and staff that let us know about the oversight. Be sure to mark your calendars!
- Scrip Gift Cards: Scrip fundraising is an on-going fundraiser for your family and LILA. Electronic gift cards are available year-round, but physical gift card orders are only available a few times a year, including now through 2/24. The shipment will arrive March 3, and gift cards can be picked up after school or at conferences. Learn more about Scrip and the registration process here.
- LILA's winter musical, "Seussical Jr.," will be performed on Friday, February 24 at 6:00pm, Saturday, February 25 at 2:00pm and 6:00pm, and Sunday, February 26 at 2:00pm in LILA's Main Campus Gymnasium. No tickets are required and there is no charge for admission, though free will donations are gratefully accepted!
FROM THE PTO:
- The craft and boutique event was a huge success! Thank you to Craft Addiction for the personalized home creations! Check out the PTO Facebook page to see photos of the finished products and to learn more about future events. And thank you to all our LILA family businesses who showcased their products. It was so fun to shop "LILA local" for a night!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- The 2017 Winter Plunge - "Getting Cold for Your Cause" is set for February 25! Join us at Lakeside Park in Forest Lake. Will you be one of the OPEN-MINDED RISK-TAKERS jumping in the lake this year? Or will you show COMMITMENT, CURIOSITY, and ENTHUSIASM for our jumpers by cheering them on at the event? Sign up to make a team at this link, and we'll see you at the lake!
- Morning Drop-off: We understand that kids and traffic can occasionally make timing a bit unpredictable. Here's a reminder to watch the clock at drop-off. We appreciate your cooperation to ensure that students are always supervised, whether early, on time, or late:
- 7:25-7:50am - The ideal drop-off window, no sign in required
- 7:15am - The front office opens; students can wait in the building until 7:25am to walk to class.
- Before 7:15am - The front office is NOT supervised and students MUST wait in their cars.
- 7:50am - School has started; Parents must enter the front office door with their child and sign in.
- Time to upload your class, field trip, and friends pictures to the Yearbook! Here is the user guide to help get the ImageShare App set up on your device. Please use the project number 725461 and the upload code Dragons2017. Thanks!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
2/6 - Online Registration Ends for 5th-11th grade students
2/16 Trollhaugen Tubing Event, 5-9pm, $15
2/17 and 2/20- NO SCHOOL, Presidents' Day
2/24-2/26 LILA's "Seussical Jr.," Friday 6pm, Saturday 2pm & 6pm, Sunday 2pm in the Main Campus Gym
2/25 Winter Plunge, Lakeside Park in Forest Lake
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!