PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
The first ever Paint/Pallet/Boutique was a grand success! Thanks to all who made it out on Saturday night to paint, shop, and relax! Pictured above, LILA teachers Srta. Janet, Seño Maria, and Profe Jessie, showing off their creativity.
- The 2017 Winter Plunge - "Getting Cold for Your Cause" is set for February 25! Join us at Lakeside Park in Forest Lake. Will you be one of the OPEN-MINDED RISK-TAKERS jumping in the lake this year? Or will you show COMMITMENT, CURIOSITY, and ENTHUSIASM for our jumpers by cheering them on at the event? Sign up to make a team at this link, and we'll see you at the lake!
- Morning Drop-off: We understand that kids and traffic can occasionally make timing a bit unpredictable. Here's a reminder to watch the clock at drop-off. We appreciate your cooperation to ensure that students are always supervised, whether early, on time, or late:
- 7:25-7:50am - The ideal drop-off window, no sign in required
- 7:15am - The front office opens; students can wait in the building until 7:25am to walk to class.
- Before 7:15am - The front office is NOT supervised and students MUST wait in their cars.
- 7:50am - School has started; Parents must enter the front office door with their child and sign in.
- Upper School Sports - LILA is excited to work with Dr. Lisa Kihl at the University of Minneosta - Twin Cities and her students in the Sport Management capstone class to help us develop and expand our Upper School (grades 6-12) athletic program. We've already received feedback on suggestions for operational best practices from student teams!
- LILA will have visitors this week! As an IB school, we are required to have our program evaluated by the IB organization every 5 years to ensure that we are continuing to uphold the standards and practices of International Baccalaureate. Our Lower School PYP staff has completed the required self-study and are now ready to share who we are as a school with the visiting team this week, February 2-3, 2017. We look forward to celebrating the many good things happening around here!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- If you're craving more winter fun, mark your calendar for LILA's annual tubing night at Trollhaugen! February 16, 5-9pm, $15 to tube or observe. Playing in the snow is more fun with friends!
- LILA has job openings for a full time custodian and occasional bus driver. Do you know someone who could add to our great staff? Please pass the links along to family and friends!
- Time to upload your class, field trip, and friends pictures to the Yearbook! Here is the user guide to help get the ImageShare App set up on your device. Please use the project number 725461 and the upload code Dragons2017. Thanks!
- Governor Dayton proclaimed January 23-27, 2017 (last week) as Paraprofessional Recognition Week. We are incredibly thankful for the service that our paras provide in helping all students progress. Keep up the good work!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
1/30 - Last day of I Term for Upper School students
1/31 - 5th Grade and New-to-LILA parent info meeting @ HW Cafeteria, 5:30-6:30pm; 6:30-7:30pm optional registration help for 5th-11th grade students.
2/6 - Online Registration Ends for 5th-11th grade students
2/16 Trollhaugen Tubing Event, 5-9pm, $15
2/20- NO SCHOOL, Presidents' Day
2/25 Winter Plunge, Lakeside Park in Forest Lake
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!