PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Welcome to 2017! Both Lower and Upper School staff have been celebrating the IB attitudes by passing around a series of painted rocks. This week, Ms. Scharlemann from the Upper School Math Department passed the "creativity rock" to the Music Department's Profe Carlos and Profe Jody, in honor of finishing the LILA fight song! Click here if you'd like to hear their creativity in action!
- Come one, come all, to Chinese New Year Family Night at LILA! January 19, 5-8pm. Click here to view the invitation, including schedule of student performances, menu, and parking/shuttle information. Buy food tickets in advance with FeePay. Let's celebrate the Year of the Rooster!
Parents of incoming 2017 kindergarten students: Sibling preference for the 2017 kindergarten lottery is valid ONLY if you apply online by January 14, the day before the lottery. Apply today at this link if you haven't done so yet already!
- Yearbooks are still available through FeePay! If you are unsure if you already made an order, please check your "enrollment history" before purchasing. Refunds on duplicate purchases cannot be given in the full amount due to fees that are associated with FeePay. Secure your copy today!
- The Main Campus lunchroom is in need of hand sanitizer for children to use on their way into the lunchroom. If you are able to donate some, it would be much appreciated in the fight to keep germs at bay. Thanks!
- One more homestay is needed for Language Ambassador Anabella! Click here to learn more, and apply here. Give your family the gift of cross-cultural learning, and help to make her first U.S. experience a positive one!
- The next session of Main Campus Karate starts this week. Check out the after-school activities page on the LILA website for registration information.
FROM THE PTO:
- Parents Night Out! Join us Saturday, January 28 from 6:00-8:30pm, for a night of friends, crafts, and shopping at LILA! Make a custom painted pallet for your home ($40), or skip the project and come to visit and shop from other LILA parents who have home businesses. Registration (both for the pallet and to have a booth) and more information can be found in the Facebook event page, and on the PTO's Facebook Page. Hope to see you there!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Lower School Attendance Notes:
- With winter upon us, please add a few minutes to your morning commute when dropping off students in snowy weather. Students have a much easier transition into their school day if they arrive a few minutes before our 7:50am start time.
- Our attendance system has started to send notices if a student arrives later than 7:50am. You do not need to respond to these emails, as they are meant to help both families and the school keep track. Unfortunately there is not an easy way to send one alert per family, so notices are automatically sent for each child.
- Church Lot Drop-Off: If you use the East Door for morning drop-off, please be aware that the door will lock at 7:50am. Students arriving after that time MUST enter by the front office door. As you can imagine, it is of utmost importance that you watch to make sure your child is able to enter the door before leaving the church lot.
- One Language Ambassador still needs a homestay starting in NOW. Could you open your home? Click here to learn more about the ambassadors, and apply here.
- The 2017-2018 School Calendar is available to view on the LILA website. Note the early start date - August 21, 2017! This is due to Forest Lake Dist. 831 construction and bussing.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
1/16 - NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; Teacher Professional Development
1/19 - Chinese New Year Celebration, 5-8pm
1/20 - Rescheduled LILA Ski Trip
1/23 - NO SCHOOL, Teacher Professional Development
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!