PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
The first ever Grandparents Day fundraiser was a success, with around 70 attendees, lots of food, and some hard-working third grade students performing in 3 languages. The event raised just over $5,000. Thank you, LILA grandparents!
- The 4th and 5th grade ski trip has been postponed due to coooold weather. All lunch and recess schedules will operate as normal on December 15. Stay tuned for the new date!
- Lower School Attendance Notes:
- With winter upon us, please add a few minutes to your morning commute when dropping off students in snowy weather. Students have a much easier transition into their school day if they arrive a few minutes before our 7:50am start time.
- Our attendance system has started to send notices if a student arrives later than 7:50am. You do not need to respond to these emails, as they are meant to help both families and the school keep track. Unfortunately there is not an easy way to send one alert per family, so notices are automatically sent for each child.
- Church Lot Drop-Off: If you use the East Door for morning drop-off, please be aware that the door will lock at 7:50am. Students arriving after that time MUST enter by the front office door. As you can imagine, it is of utmost importance that you watch to make sure your child is able to enter the door before leaving the church lot.
Parents of incoming 2017 kindergarten students: Sibling preference for the 2017 kindergarten lottery is valid ONLY if you apply online by January 14, the day before the lottery. Apply today at this link before you leave for break!
Winter Blanket & Toy Drive: The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) at LILA is hosting a winter blanket drive for the homeless. The National Honor Society (NHS) is hosting a holiday toy drive. Please send all donations to Ms. Taddei's room, 212, Headwaters Campus, by December 16.
Lower School Report Cards will become available through Infinite Campus on Friday, December 16, after 3pm. With the offices closed over the holidays, please take a moment now to make sure you are able to log onto Infinite Campus. The front offices can assist with login issues.
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Three Language Ambassadors still need a homestay starting in January. Could you open your home to one? Click here to learn more about the ambassadors, and apply here.
- Winter Break is coming soon! The front office at both campuses will be closed December 19-January 1. Explorer Club will continue to operate as normal EXCEPT for December 23, 26, and 30, when it will be closed as well. Enjoy the holidays!
- It's time for Yearbooks! This is the first year that LILA will publish two yearbooks, a Lower School (PreK-5) soft cover book for $21, and a 6-12 grade hard cover for $32. Prices will go up on January 1st, so order soon and guarantee that your child will recieve a copy! After January 1st there is no guarantee that copies will be available. Here is a certificate you can print to use as a gift this holiday season.
- The 2017-2018 School Calendar is available to view on the LILA website. Note the early start date - August 21, 2017! This is due to Forest Lake Dist. 831 construction and bussing.
- The Minnesota Dental Association is once again spreading the word about "Give Kids a Smile," a free charitable dental event for kids (3-18yrs) who face barriers to accessing dental care, February 3 and 4 at participating clinics. Appointments open on January 1, see the website for more information.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
12/13 - Upper School Music Concert for Band, Orchestra, and Choir students, 6pm and 6:50pm in the Headwaters Gymnasium
12/19-1/2 - NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
1/3 - School Resumes
1/16 - NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; Teacher Professional Development
1/19 - Chinese New Year Celebration, 5-8pm
1/23 - NO SCHOOL, Teacher Professional Development
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!