PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Thanks to Profe Kaari Rodriguez and Dwayne Green, both LILA board members, who practiced open mindedness, risk-taking, inquiry and good communication skills in an educational trip to China with other administrators and board members from across the nation. Check out the LILA Facebook page for more pictures and captions from the trip!
- Winter Break is coming soon! The front office at both campuses will be closed December 19-January 1. Explorer Club will continue to operate as normal EXCEPT for December 23, 26, and 30, when it will be closed as well. Enjoy the holidays!
- It's time for Yearbooks! This is the first year that LILA will publish two yearbooks, a Lower School (PreK-5) soft cover book for $21, and a 6-12 grade hard cover for $32. Prices will go up on January 1st, so order soon and guarantee that your child will recieve a copy! After January 1st there is no guarantee that copies will be available. Here is a certificate you can print to use as a gift this holiday season.
- Parents of Kindergarten and First grade students: Due to a field trip, December 15 recess and lunch schedules will look a bit different. On 12/15 only, first grade students will have recess at 11:10am, lunch at 11:35am, and back to class at 12:00. Kinder will have recess at 11:40am, lunch at 12:05pm, and back to class at 12:30pm. Bon apetit!
- The 2017-2018 School Calendar is available to view on the LILA website. Note the early start date - August 21, 2017! This is due to Forest Lake Dist. 831 construction and bussing.
- Thanks for getting the word out about our first ever Grandparents Day Breakfast! We've hit our attendance goal, and all who registered will get an email with more details for the event.
- The community who mulches together, stays together. Thanks to all our muscular volunteers who helped out last Saturday! The playgrounds look great! See pictures on the LILA Facebook Page!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Don't forget to include LILA in your holiday shopping & activities! Click here to see more info on Scrip Fundraising, Amazon Smile, and Yearbook Orders.
- The Minnesota Dental Association is once again spreading the word about "Give Kids a Smile," a free charitable dental event for kids (3-18yrs) who face barriers to accessing dental care, February 3 and 4 at participating clinics. Appointments open on January 1, see the website for more information.
- Thanks to Upper School students, who through a collection, were able to donate 1,139 lbs of non-perishable food items to Family Pathways just in time for the holidays! Special thanks to the student government members who helped to organize the event and the food delivery team: Profe Erin, Sr. Reyes, and Jordan Silvera.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
12/8 - Grandparents Day Breakfast, 9-10am at Main Campus.
12/13 - Upper School Music Concert for Band, Orchestra, and Choir students, 6pm and 6:50pm in the Headwaters Gymnasium
12/19-1/2 - NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
1/3 - School Resumes
1/16 - NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; Teacher Professional Development
1/19 - Chinese New Year Celebration, 5-8pm
1/23 - NO SCHOOL, Teacher Professional Development
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!