PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Congratulations to Team LILA Dragons for their completion of the First Lego League's Animal Allies Challenge! The team of four had to prepare a presentation, focus on teamwork, and program a robot to accomplish a series of tasks. Their best score was 32 points!
- Thanks to those who donated for last week's Give to the Max day! Whether you donated to the PTO, the LILA Foundation, or directly to LILA, we appreciate your contribution to LILA's mission, both now and in the future!
- The winter session of KickFit for Grades K-5 is open for registration, now thru Nov. 28. Class starts Nov. 30. This class is popular and may fill up fast, so register early!
- Congrats to our curious and risk-taking 5th grade investigators on their science fair projects. They presented their knowledge last week.
- Attention All Upper School Drivers: As you are exiting our HW parking lot and before turning onto Farnham Rd. N, please take a moment to come to a complete stop at the stop sign and yield to traffic. We have had some near misses with some of our neighbors who are on their way to work. Thank you for keeping our community safe!
- As of last week, the Main Campus LILA Ski Club bus (grades k-5) is full and can no longer accept new registrations. Students are welcome to still join the club if they have their own transportation to and from Trollhaugen. The Headwaters bus still has space for 6-12 grade participants.
FROM THE PTO:
- Thanks to everyone who made it to Turkey Bingo despite the winter weather! Stay tuned for pictures and winners!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Should your child stay home? When illness strikes, please keep germs from spreading. Students should be fever free for 24 hrs and feeling healthy before returning to school. Contact the health desk for questions.
- Cold Weather will be coming soon! Please take a moment to remember our recess guidelines:
- Recess is outside unless the temp is 0 degrees or below, or a -5 degree windchill.
- K-2 students should have everything: hat/hood, jacket, snowpants, mittens/gloves, boots.
- Grades 3-5: dress for comfort, but at least a jacket and boots (when snow is present).
- We recommend labeling clothes to help return lost items to their owners.
- The LILA Foundation publishes an alumni newsletter bi-annually to help our community stay connected. Here is the second edition with an update from Seth Erickson! P.S. - the link to sign up to receive the next edition is on the last page!
- Congrats to Forest Lake Rotary Club High School Students of the month: LILA's Sam Lundgren, Chloe Carter, and Annie Lee! They got to speak at a luncheon on why they chose LILA.
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
11/24-25 - No School, Thanksgiving Break; There IS school the following Monday
12/13 - Upper School Music Concert for Band, Orchestra, and Choir students, 6pm and 6:50pm in the Headwaters Gymnasium
12/19-1/2 - No School, Winter Break
1/3 - School Resumes
1/19 - Chinese New Year Celebration, 5-8pm
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!