PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
Whether off on an adventure or sticking close to home during Spring Break, remember to incorporate a love for reading into your week! Pictured above, 2nd grade students got inspired to dive into folk tales when story tellers Mike Mann and Jenifer Strauss came to visit. Pick a genre, pick a language, and happy reading!
- Spring Break Building Hours: Next week is Spring Break! Our front office staff will be taking a break as well! The Lower School Front Office will be closed except for T/W/TH from 10am-2pm, and the Upper School Front Office will be closed the entire week. Both campuses will be open Monday, March 13 during the Teacher Work Day. Regular school hours will start again on Tuesday, March 14.
- Winter Plunge: Thank you to our enthusiastic LILA supporters who donated and came out to cheer on the jumpers! Team LILA came up from behind to finish in first place, with a total of $8,635! Wow! Special thanks to the top teacher fundraisers: Profesores Roberto, Joanna, and Darla; top earning Language Ambassadors: Natalia, Silvia, and Alicia; top student, Owen Berg, and top class participation: Ann Jacob's 7th grade advisory!
- Seussical, Jr.: The cast and crew of Seussical, Jr. would like to thank everyone who attended the show this weekend (wasn't it awesome?!), and to those who donated in the freewill offering so LILA's theater program can continue to improve. A video recording of Sunday's performance will be available on FeePay soon.
- School Sports: Congrats to the boy's basketball team for winning their final home game last Friday and to the archery team for placing 3rd at their tournament, with a 2nd place individual medal awarded to Ella Martin. Go Dragons! And, an additional shout out to Meah Marker, Bella Pope, and Grace Chatwin for their swims at a recent synchronized swimming association meet. Despite representing three different local clubs, the girls cheered each other on and even posed for a picture together!
PAST BUT PERTINENT:
- Conference email - If you haven't had a chance to sign up for the March 2-3 conferences yet, please use the links provided here to schedule them now: Lower School, Upper School! Front office staff can assist you if you have any trouble logging in.
- International Travel Opportunities - we are delighted to share some upcoming international travel opportunities! Eligible student applicants, chosen based on IB attributes by a selection committee, will embark on adventures to China (May 2017), Spain (October 2017), and Guatemala (May 2018)! Families of all students are invited to plan ahead for future trips by starting a Scrip Fundraising account to help offset travel costs. See the Scrip page for more information.
- Spring Testing: Many grade levels at both Lower and Upper Campuses will be taking MCA standardized testing this spring. Watch your email for the specific tests and testing dates for your child's class, and make every effort to schedule doctor, dentist, and any other planned school absences around those dates. Studies show that students do better when they test with their classmates. And, of course, don't forget plenty of sleep and a healthy breakfast on test day!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
2/24-2/26 LILA's "Seussical Jr.," Friday 6pm, Saturday 2pm & 6pm, Sunday 2pm in the Main Campus Gym
2/25 Winter Plunge, Lakeside Park in Forest Lake
3/2 - Normal School Day, Evening Conferences at both Campuses
3/3 - No School: Daytime Conferences, Lower School Book Fair; Last Day for LS Lost and Found
3/6 - 3/10 - No School: Spring Break
3/13 - No School: Teacher Inservice
3/14 - School Resumes
For complete calendars at both campuses, please click on our calendars link!