The staff at Lakes International Language Academy embodies the global and multicultural values espoused by the IB program. With a variety of talents and backgrounds, the staff models the rigorous academic and intellectual standards that make the school a rich learning environment.
In a recent staff survey, 80% of LILA teachers would strongly recommend working at LILA to their friends who teach. That’s impressive—just like our staff!
Come here to check the latest job openings at LILA. If you want to join a team of generous, open-minded, fun-loving professionals, submit your application today.
Current Job Openings
For a complete list of all up-to-the-minute openings, click here to be taken to LILA's application page. See the list of current openings under "vacancies" (in the box in the upper left corner of the screen).
Spanish-Language Special Education Teacher
This job opening is located at Lakes International Language Academy's Main Campus, 246 11th Ave SE, Forest Lake, MN 55025.
To apply, please go to current openings to fill out an application.
The special education teacher will work under the direction of the special education director in Lakes International language Academy, a bilingual immersion charter school in Forest Lake, MN. Work involves teaching subjects to educationally and physically handicapped students, including audibly and visually handicapped students. Specific duties include:
- Will provide differentiated instruction, based on the individual students’ ability levels and unique challenges.
- Participate in parent and teacher communications.
- Develop appropriate methods for meeting educational objectives for each child.
- Evaluate student performance.
- Provide instruction and direction in both English and Spanish, consistent with the goals and methods of immersion curriculum.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Special Education.
- Must have taught as an EBD Special Education Teacher for two full school years in a Responsive Classroom setting
- Must also have licensure in Emotional Behavioral Disorders (EBD).
- Must have training in the Responsive Classroom method.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
Substitute teachers provide a valuable service to our students and schools. They are as-needed employees. Substitute teachers may decide when and where they would like to work. This works well for teachers who may want to work only on-call as they stay home with their children. It also is a great option for retirees or people looking for workplace flexibility.
If you have a 4-year degree, you are eligible to apply for a short-call sub teacher license. For further information check out the Minnesota Department of Education’s website under short-call sub license.
Lakes International Language Academy’s sub teacher school day runs from 7:15 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. for a full day. Half-day Morning is 7:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.; Half-day Afternoon is 11:15 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
LILA provides instruction for pre-K through grade 12.
We use the Aesop Automated Sub Calling system, which may notify you of available absences as well as give you access to block out any days that you may be unavailable to work.
Apply here online or stop in at LILA’s main campus for an application.
Please note: LILA respects your privacy. Please review our Data Privacy Notice (also called a Tennessen Notice) about submitting personal data.