Little Explorers (Before/After Preschool Care)
Little Explorers Child Care Program, located in the Annex building across the street from LILA’s Lower School at the Main Campus, is a program with language-infused learning fun. Students engage in songs, activities, and learning opportunities in Chinese, Spanish, and English. The program follows the same policies and procedures as the Explorer Club School-Age Care Program along with the following information: 2018-2019 information letter.
Enrollment in the Little Explorers preschool care program is first-come, first-served, and there are limited spaces available each year.
Child Eligibility Requirements
• Children must be registered with Lakes International Language Academy’s Kinder Prep Program.
• Children must be at least 3 years of age, but not yet in kindergarten.
• Children must be toilet trained and be able to use the bathroom independently prior to entering the program.
• Parents are responsible for transporting children to and from Little Explorers.
• Little Explorers follows the same school-year calendar as LILA Kinder Prep with the option of All-Day Little Explorers care from 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. on most non-school days, based on attendance (with the exception of holidays).
• We offer monthly contracted care and drop-in care (24-hour notice required) from 6:00 a.m.-8 a.m., 2:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday–Friday.
• Please contact the Explorer Club Office with any changes to your schedule or questions regarding payments.
• Little Explorers care calendars are available online and at the Little Explorers parent center. Calendars are due along with your payment by the 22nd of the prior month of care.
Monthly Care Calendars
2018-19 Care Calendars will be posted after April 1, 2018.
Care Calendars are due by the 22nd of the month prior to the requested care with your payment to secure a place for your child in our preschool program. Care Calendars with your payment can be dropped off in the lock box at LILA’s front office or the Annex lock box.
Little Explorers Day At A Glance
6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
• Structured free play
• Small group time: songs, stories, share, circle time
• Dismissal - Transition to classrooms
2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.
• Transition time: Wash hands, use bathroom, water break
• Group time: songs, stories, share, circle time, calendar, special days
• Centers or Activity
• Structured free play
Non-School Day (Little Explorers Day) runs from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. and is similar to the above schedule with the added lunch (parents provide from home) and rest period along with enrichment age-appropriate, theme-based activities. The Little Explorers Program provides a morning and afternoon snack. Please see the Parent Handbook for further details regarding policies and procedures along with pricing options.