School-Age Care For Grades K-5
The Explorer Club School-Age Care Program located at LILA’s Main Campus (K-5) is a before- and after-school age care program that provides quality care in a structured setting at each site. Please read the 2019-2020 informational letter.
Explorer Club offers a safe environment for your child to build positive social skills, to learn about conflict resolution, to explore team-building skills, and to grow lifelong friendships with other LILA students. Explorer Club also provides a structured homework time for students to be able to work independently or with one another.
Enrollment in the Explorer Club school-age care program is first-come, first-served, and there are limited spaces available each year. Capacity has been reached for the 2018-19 school year, and no new applications for this school year are being accepted. Register now for Fall 2019-20 school year. We encourage you to register early; deadline is July 29, 2019 or when we reach capacity (whichever happens first).
Care Calendar request forms for current school-year Explorer Club and Little Explorers:
Download Your 2019-20 Monthly Explorer Club Calendar
Care Schedules are due by the 22nd of the month prior to the requested care with your payment for Explorer Club to secure a place for your child in our school-age care program. Care Schedules with your payment can be dropped off in the lock box at LILA’s front office or the Explorer Club Parent Center.
Changes After Submitting Your Care Request Calendar
Contact LILA’s front desk at 651-464-0771 and Explorer Club at 651-252-6720, if your child is absent from school. Explorer Club does not reduce tuition or reimburse for absences.
For all other changes, please notify the Explorer Club office by noon. A switch-day may be possible for a fee, if prior notice and space is available.
Explorer Club Schedule
• Explorer Club follows the same school-year calendar as LILA with the exceptions of All-Day Explorer Club care from 6:00 a.m.-6:15 p.m. on most non-school days, based on attendance (with the exception of holidays).
• We offer monthly contracted care and drop-in care (24-hour notice required) from 6:00 a.m.-7:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m., and 2:00 p.m.-6:15 p.m. Monday–Friday. Please contact the Explorer Club Office with any changes to your schedule or questions regarding payments.
• Monthly care calendars are due by the 22nd of the month previous to care requested.
Explorer Club Day At A Glance
6:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
• Self-guided centers/arts and crafts/homework time
• Gym time
• Morning breakfast option in cafeteria/release to classrooms
2:00 p.m. - 4:30 or 6:15 p.m.
• Check-in at Explorer Club
• Afternoon meeting/greeting/activity
• Bathroom break and snack
• Quiet time: Homework, reading, quiet activities
• Outdoor play
• Gym/self-guided centers
Non-School Day (Explorer Club Day) runs from 6 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. and is similar to the above schedule with the added lunch (parents provide from home) and/or field trips along with enrichment age-appropriate, theme-based activities. The Explorer Club Program provides a morning and afternoon snack. Parents provide lunch. Please see the 2019-20 Parent Handbook (PDF)Parent Handbook (PDF) for further details regarding policies and procedures along with pricing options.